Nutty Honey Tart
How does a NUTTY HONEY butter tart sound?
This is what Rosewood dreams are made. Best served with a scoop of fresh ice cream.
Incredible recipe and photos by Clay Cooks.
360 g All Purpose Flour
30 g Cornstarch
Pinch of Salt
200 g Shortening (cubed and cold) 1 tsp White Wine Vinegar
3 Tbsp Cold Water
1/3 of a Nutmeg Grated
1 300 g Jar of Nutty Honey 2 Large Eggs
1 Egg Yolk
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar 1 tsp salt
1. Sift together flour, cornstarch, nutmeg and salt.
2. In a food processor, combine flour, cornstarch, nutmeg, salt and shortening.
3. Pulse ingredients until a breadcrumb consistency is reached.
4. In a separate bowl mix together water and vinegar then add to food processor.
5. Pulse mixture until the dough starts coming together.
6. Pour dough onto a lightly floured counter and press together into a flat puck shape.
7. Cover dough with plastic wrap and rest in fridge for an hour.
8. Remove from fridge and let rest for 15 minutes.
9. Roll dough to an 1/8th of an inch thickness.
10. Place rolled dough into an 8” pie pan and and softly press into the edges and bottom. 11. Using the back of a knife trim off the excess edges.
12. Place in fridge to rest.
1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. In a small saucepan, add butter, sugar and brown sugar and cook over a medium heat. 3. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and egg yolks until pale in colour.
4. Bring butter mixture to a slight simmer then remove from heat and rest for 2 minutes.
5. Slowly pour the butter mixture into the eggs while whisking vigorously. (Avoid adding too much butter mixture at once to avoid curdling the eggs)
6. Add in the Nutty Honey and stir until combined.
7. Fill pie crust with mixture and immediately place into oven.
8. Once pie is in the oven, reduce the temperature to 375 F immediately.
9. Cook pie for 26-28 minutes (pie should still have a jiggle).
10. Place pie onto a cooling rack and let rest for a minimum of 2 hours or until firm.