Fireside Mulled Mead
Stay warm this winter with a different kind of heat. We’re serving mulled Mead Royale by the glass in our wine shop every weekend throughout the winter season. You can sit in our upstairs loft with a cheeseboard or sit fire-side on the vineyard patio. It’s a delicious and refreshing spin on a classic winter drink using our aromatic barrel aged Mead Royale. Follow this simple recipe below to make this at home:
- Pour 2 bottles of Mead Royale into crockpot
- Add a cinnamon stick
- Add ½ tsp of nutmeg
- Add a few cloves into pot (to your taste)
- Add lemon zest and/or orange zest
- For more sweetness add some of our Wildflower honey or Smoked Honey.
- Taste & if necessary, add more of any of the above ingredients to balance flavour.
- The longer you let the mead mull, the better the flavours integrate. Sit back and enjoy.