Looking to join our team?
Retail Ambassador – Part-time & Full-time Positions 2018
Searching for something different & dynamic this season?!
Rosewood Estates Winery & Meadery is a family operated premium producer of innovative wine, mead and honey that are reflective of their specific time and place. We are seeking fun and friendly wine-loving individuals to help educate and guide guests through a flight of wine & mead as Retail Ambassadors at our tasting bar for full and part-time seasonal positions (mid-April to November).
Successful candidates will work closely with our Retail Manager, Jen, in all aspects of our tasting room. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Providing exceptional service to guests at the tasting bar, on tours & during events
- Educating guests on our history, wines, meads, farming, beekeeping & region
- Remaining active throughout the day with cleaning, organizing, performing tasks as required
- Representing Rosewood at off-site and/or in-house functions as required
- Executing POS sales, packing and shipping of orders, wine club sign-ups
- Self-starter & multi-tasker with the ability to perform calmly in fast-paced environments
- Clear communication & outstanding guest attention skills
- Ability to work as part of a team & independently
- Ability to lift and carry 40-lbs
- Ability to stand and move for long periods of time
- Ability to adhere to safety and operational procedures
- Hold a valid Ontario driver’s license
- Smart Serve certified and over the age of 18
- Passionate about wine and providing an outstanding guest experience
- Wine knowledge, education and background are strong asset (WSET / Sommelier training)
- Sales experience & second language are assets
Now on to the fun things, we can offer you;
- All the nummiest treats you can image (Fanta, Doritos, Burger Rings, Coke Zero)…
- Treats from the cellar or local breweries – our winemakers love sharing what they are working on
- Donut day is typically Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday thanks to our local bakery
- Tasty tunes to groove to at the tasting bar and cellar
- Be part of a fun, friendly & creative team and be involved with different aspects of production / sales / marketing
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, please send your CV and a cover letter to:
Jen Yokota, Retail Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. We thank all applicants for their interest.