Want to join our team?
Rosewood Estates Winery & Meadery is a family owned and operated producer of honest, low-intervention wine, innovative mead and local honey. We are seeking candidates for the position of Seasonal Hospitality Associate at the Rosewood farm in Beamsville Ontario. If you’re a passionate and engaged craft enthusiast looking to join a small but specialized team of winemakers, sommeliers, managers, chefs, and beekeepers we would love to meet you.
The successful candidates will work directly under the supervision of our Hospitality Manager and be intimately involved in all aspects of retail and hospitality operations on the farm. We are a dynamic and ever-changing operation, and while no two days will ever be the same, the role of Hospitality Associate includes (but is not limited) to the following core responsibilities:
● Providing exceptional customer service, being a positive and friendly face to provide a great first impression to all visitors
● Staffing the tasting bar and bottle shop, conducting seated tastings, assisting with special events and projects
● Educating all guests on our history, our products (wines, meads, & honeys), and our farming and beekeeping practices
● Executing POS sales, packing and shipping of orders, wine club sign-ups, and other administrative duties as directed
● Remaining active throughout the day by maintaining a clean and presentable work environment, stocking and facing shelves, and other duties as directed
We are looking for individuals with the following qualifications:
● Passionate about wine and providing an outstanding guest experience to all visitors to the property
● Ability to legally work in Canada
● Wine knowledge, education and background are preferred but not required
● Self-starter and multi-tasker with the ability to perform calmly in fast-paced environments
● Good communication skills and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
● Ability to lift and carry 40-lbs
● Ability to stand and move for long periods of time
● Ability to adhere to safety and operational procedures
● Hold a valid Ontario driver’s license
● Smart Serve certified and over the age of 18
We offer a competitive hourly wage, along with the opportunity to grow your passion for the wine industry. Our positive team environment gives you the opportunity to wear many hats and to assist with all other aspects of production, viticulture and viniculture as time permits. We are constantly searching, tasting, and asking questions about how we can grow and get better as a team. We value a positive, inclusive, and equal opportunity environment, and believe in the importance of diversity. All individuals who connect with our values are encouraged to apply.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to Kelsey Kaupp, Hospitality Manager at [email protected] We thank all applicants for their interest, but only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.